Sunday, March 07, 2010

Calligram Poems

Do you remember doing these Rebecca? The idea came from the writing ideas you gave me. These are called Calligram Poems. I had all my students write a poem of their choice, putting it into an image to reflect their poem. My jaw dropped when I saw some of the pictures. I know you can't read what the poems say, but the artistic part of the poems is what blew my mind. They did such a wonderful job. These are some of the best. Remember, these pictures are completely written in words. Enjoy~

3 comments:

Mrs. Miller said...

What do you mean "these are some of the best"??

My goodness, they're just wonderful! I never did anything like that in school.

You can bet my kids are going to do them this month!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you haven't returned these to the students because they would be great displayed at the science and art fair. Yes, I know that it's poetry but it's also so fantastic the it could be called art. If it were my child, I'd frame it and hang it somewhere in my house. Mom

Rebecca said...

I remember loving this kind of stuff. Glad you got to use it. Now it seems as if you need to share the other ideas I gave you to Christine!!