Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Fear the Turtle

Andy and I got the chance to spend the afternoon on Saturday at Maryland's Comcast Center to see a basketball game. 
 

We were rather early.  This is not all the people that were there obviously. 




There is the turtle! (Also known as a terrapin, even though they are technically turtles and on several caps you will see the words "Fear the Turtle" as you see on the hat that I'm wearing on my head in the previous photo.  By the way, that explanation was mostly for Dad who likes to make fun of that fact that I call them turtles instead of terrapins as he feels I should.  But if you look up the word terrapins in the dictionary, you will in fact see that they are defined as turtles.  Even Maryland sells caps with the words turtle on them in their shops on campus.  Therefore, I can and will continue to call them turtles.)


Get the crowd pumped up.



It begins.






We won!  Of course, Andy had to say that we won because the other team is usually bad.  But that doesn't matter in my mind, we still won.  


We asked a very nice older lady to take our picture after the win.  After taking the picture, she did say she thought she got most of us in the picture.  I didn't really understand what she meant until I looked at the picture later.  Oh, nice!  I'm still trying to figure out how she thought that's what we really wanted. 


 

Andy got his picture next to the 2002 ACC championship trophy.  It happened the year he graduated from Maryland, so it's special. 

No comments: