Sunday, January 21, 2007

A New Strange Land

Ok...at first I thought the stories about snow in Virginia and how people go crazy was funny and now I think they are just sad. Only a few hours have passed since my first photos. This is what it looks like outside now. Notice where you see the ruler in the snow...that's my finger showing you the 1 inch mark. So far our youth event tonight has been cancelled, I had to cancel an 8th grade parent meeting to go over our class trip, and in the few seconds I was outside just a moment ago, I heard more sirens go off then ever before. B R O T H E R! I even had one person call me and ask me if I was going to be able to drive in it. I had to refrain myself from saying.."drive in what..snow..where?" I just talked to Barb Huehn and she said she saw a plow go by her townhouse...to plow what we are still trying to figure out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is their sense of adventure? Cancelling things due this amount of snow is almost as foreign to me as those who live in areas that get very little snow, but still have to put chains on their tires. Sorry California readers. We come from the land of snow, where chains on tires are never seen or allowed.

As long as you can, enjoy their inadequacies of snow driving and use them to your benefit.