Sunday, March 22, 2009

Gravely Point

Gravely Point is my new find here in Virginia. Apparently, everyone knows about it but me. I've driven by this park a few times, and wanted to go in, but thought I needed a pass. Found out I didn't and it's the coolest place here. The park is a few steps away from the runway of Reagan National Airport. People go to this park just to watch the planes come in and out. I've spent a few hours there so far but plan on many more. Enjoy my pictures AND I didn't zoom in.
The white spot right above the airport is Gravely Point.
You can see how people just watch the planes. Everyone is looking up.
Planes ready for take off. The noise is incredible.
Planes coming in for landings. After much thought, I decided finally today that this is the best way to see the planes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are coming to visit!!! Nathan would love it!

Unknown said...

My calendar is open. You name the day and time and I'll be there.