Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 3 Camping....Hell

This is what I found at the top of my tent when I woke up this morning, 16 daddy long legs.
Dad and I were reading this morning when he told me to look up and in the distance, there staring at us, was a camp follower.
Somerset Plantation - I thought we would stop by and take about 20 minutes glancing around, but you know Dad. As soon as he found out there was a 2 hour led tour of the place, and it was starting now...I knew I was doomed. Needless to say, a little over 2 hours later we were leaving.
We went to a wonderful outdoor play called the Lost Colony. I made dad get us the best seats in the house, and just like I thought, he loved the Elizabethan language play about the Roanoke Colony.
Back to our campsite to have some cold drinks and enjoy the full moon and warm ocean breeze on our faces. Ahhh...time for bed.
The nightmare begins.
MOSQUITOES!!! ATTACK...ATTACK.

No comments: