Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 4 - We are defeated

Just gives you an idea of what my body looks like on my legs and arms. It looks worse in person and I can still see many spots clearly today...a week after. And yes, we used spray, a ton. But these were kamikaze mosquitoes. They didn't even stop when they saw their little friends dead on the bottom of my flipflops. We were gone from that campsite by 6:30 in the morning. I wanted out of there. We decided to take a little trip down the Outer Banks at least to see something before going home. However, most of the ocean you can't see unless you get out of your car into mosquitoe world, thanks to these sand dunes.
A beach house that I was totally impressed with. We stopped by the Cape Hatteras lighthouse so dad could climb to the top. He did all nine levels in under 4 minutes. I was pretty impressed.
We then stopped at Kitty Hawk to see the Wright Brother's Museum. This is a replica of their plane.
The four markers that marked their first four lengths of flight. You can see one way in the distance.

No comments: